Third Party Loss
Your insurance company appoints a Loss Adjuster to handle your claim on their behalf. A Loss Assessor represents you to ensure that you receive the compensation you are entitled to.
A Loss Adjuster is a claims professional, appointed by the insurance company, to assess the loss/damage to your property and to quantify the amount of compensation to be paid. Although officially impartial the Loss Adjuster acts in the interests of the insurance company and will endeavour to settle the claim as economically as possible for them.
We do not charge for the initial consultation. Our standard fee is 10% + V.A.T. of the settlement amount agreed in respect of your claim with a minimum fee which can vary depending on factors which will be discussed with you at the initial consultation.
Following our initial contact, MCLA will:
• Meet with client at site of damage/loss
• Review your policy documentation/cover
• Carry out an initial survey of damage/loss
• Notify your insurance company
• Meet and liaise with Loss Adjuster at site of loss/damage
• Compile, prepare, document and submit claim to Loss Adjuster/Insurer
• Negotiate claim with Loss Adjuster on your behalf
• Achieve best possible settlement for you under the terms and conditions of your insurance policy
Straight Away! If you think you have suffered a loss and that it may be covered by your insurance policy, contact a Loss Assessor at your earliest opportunity. It is in your best interests for a Loss Assessor to act on your behalf from the outset. We will, however, consider claims that are already in progress.